|

1/31/2005


On my first day at the Rubberhead Factory, an old man wandered into my office to tell me about the cat he kept hearing in the ceiling.

He said that if I was quiet for a few minutes I would hear the cat. After that he wandered out of the building, never to be seen again.

Always one to rescue a cat and because I had all of my work done for the next year and a half I investigated. I sat quietly in the hallway for a few minutes.

Then I heard it.

The elevator squealed down the shaft and went 'ding'.

My cat was an OTIS.

I'm always falling into the trap of crazy-people ramblings. If I'm downtown and some crazy person is talking about "The whales gonna kill the man! The whales!" I have to stop and listen.

"This could be important," I tell myself.
Violent Stick People
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com