|

9/15/2004

Headline on the front page of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer this morning:
'Things Have Gone Amazingly Well'

For the first time in many years I was actually glad to read the front page of the paper.
Today it wasn't:
'Iraq Not Fun Place'
'Baby Holds Up Bank'
'Your President's Grandfather Helped Finance Adolph Hitler, We Won't Report On It'

I want to wake up more often and read 'Things Have Gone Amazingly Well'

Seattle - According to sources, since you last read the news things have 'gone amazingly well'.
Your favorite baseball team won last night. An elephant gave birth. Candy bars are now free. There is no more cancer, no more curse words and everyone has agreed that Letterman is the best late night show.
"I can't believe it," said Bellevue resident Chip Peterson, "I wake up to a call from the owner of Denny's. He tells me that he's buying breakfast for everybody in the world. I'm getting an omelet!"

Remember when we (as a country) used to sneak out of bed before the rooster crowed, scurry down the stairs and out the front door, snatch up the newspaper and scamper back in to avoid winter's chill?
Remember how we would quickly catch up on the day's O.J. updates, maybe pausing to reflect on The Far Side?
Oh, goodbye, gone days of yesterday! So long, you amazingly well days of the news I miss!

Random statement to break the silence of my carpool commute this morning:
"I wish we'd stop killing babies by bombing other countries," says Carpool Lady on a grey great Seattle morning.

"Me too," I reply.

Things have gone amazingly wrong. Time to steer a course towards well.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com