|

9/11/2003

I love my fucking life, sweet dorks.
A few minutes ago, at work, I mention that I wanted to go see "Laser Led Zeppelin" at the Science Center downtown. The lady at the desk nearby pipes up, "My friend is the manager there" and after a phone call "O.K. I have 4 tickets for you to go tomorrow night". Sweet.
So, I decide to get a cup of coffee to celebrate. I pass by Cool Guy's desk and stop to tell him about the game last night. After a little sports swap I say "Yeah, I'd like to go see a Huskies game this year; I sure miss college football. Maybe I'll call up my frat and see if I can score some tickets." Turns out that Cool Guy's good friend is the Alumni Chair for my fraternity. I'm alum, and now I have an in for student tickets at UW.
And this is how my life has gone always.
"I think this thing is cool," I'll say.
Ring, goes the phone.
"Hey, B, it's someone you know. You know that new cool thing you like? Well, a semi truck flipped over in front of my house and now we have a bunch of them all over our yard. Want one?"
"Yes," I'll reply.
"Oh, and we have too much beer in our fridge; can you drink it? Also, our just-turned 18 years old slutty daughter needs a prom date."
Sometimes I wonder if it's a joke played by Fate that I suffer from low-level depression.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com